So as a huge fan of all things outrageous, I tend to reeeally look forward to/get into Halloween. I love getting creative, I love dressing up, and I love going out. I’ve had some pretty solid ideas in the past, and I like to think that those around me expect a certain standard of awesome. I’ve been thinking on this for nearly a month already, but (I’m afraid to say it) I’m a little stumped. I mean, I have plenty of ideas; what I need is a few friendly pushes in the best direction (read, advice). You’ll notice that they all have at least one thing in common too – red hair. I like to work with what I’ve got. So without further ado, here’s what I’m thinking:
1. Wendy Angela Moira Darling, Peter Pan – Blue dress, curls, and a thimble.
Pros – easy, relatively inexpensive, capability of being sexy Wendy (think blue nightie and heels)
Cons – possibly difficult to identify, could be inappropriate for fall weather
(In conjunction with this idea, I’ve thought of doing John Darling too – like top hat, men’s white button up, boots, glasses, and an umbrella.)
2. Joan Holloway, Mad Men – 60s dress, gold jewelry, heels, and a cigarette.
Pros – sexy without being blatant, could wear the dress out of context
Cons – not many of my friends watch Mad Men, possibly a little pricey
3. Daphne, Scooby Doo – Purple dress, green scarf, and headband.
Pros – easy, really inexpensive (I already own a purple dress and a green scarf), pretty recognizable
Cons – not really relevant, pop culture-wise?
4. Wilma, The Flintstones – White dress (possibly two piece), white jewelry.
Pros – unmistakable, could be sexy
Cons – probably have to buy an actual costume
5. Emmy Pillsbury, Glee – Cardigan, pencil skirt, eyelashes, heels, bows, collared shirt, and curls.
Pros – fun, pretty easy/inexpensive (I’d put it together from my own closet), oh-so-relevant
Cons – not sexy at all
6. Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? – Sparkly strapless red dress, purple opera gloves, and cigarette holder.
Pros – impress everyone, really identifiable
Cons – probably expensive, erring on the slutty side
So, those are my options… or at least, the ones I’ve thought of. And I’m desperate for opinions. For a reference point, I’ll include a few of my past Halloweens as well.